Read about the highlights of good practice seen by Creative Green Awarded Organisations so far this year:
- Sustainability integrated in business strategy: Donmar Warehouse, Gate Theatre, Lyric Hammersmith, Norwich Theatre Royal and Sadler’s Wells
- Creative programming: Greenwich Theatre commissioned ‘At the end of everything else’ by Make Mend and Do theatre company. The story followed a young child cycling around the world learning about environmental impacts and was powered entirely by actors using bicycle generators on stage.
- 100% renewable energy supplier: Almeida Theatre, Lyric Hammersmith, Old Vic, Theatre Royal Stratford East and Universal Music
- Established Green Team: Lyric Hammersmith, Royal Opera House, Unicorn Theatre, Universal Music and Young Vic
- Staff environmental action campaigns: Donmar Green Week; #LyricLent at Lyric Hammersmith; Sustainable September at the Young Vic; Green Office Week at Tyne and Wear Archives and Museums; Norwich Theatre Royal’s ‘Motorless Monday’ and ‘Check Before you Chuck’ campaigns etc.
- Audience environmental awareness: Discovery Museum’s Play & Invent programme which features skill-sharing, design and construction with a focus on reusable and recyclable materials; Lyric Hammersmith’s Green Lyric and Little Lyric programmes; Gate Theatre’s monthly green challenges shared in newsletters etc.
- National environmental awareness campaigns: Sadler’s Wells and Royal Opera House