- This event has passed.
Peer Sharing: Green Riders
January 24 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Last year 17% of Arts Council Funded National Portfolio Organisations (NPOs) reported using Julie’s Bicycle’s Beyond Carbon survey that they have a Green Rider or ‘green’ clauses for their visiting or touring productions and exhibitions.
We want to convene and support a community of innovators, who are developing different types of Green Rider, working intentionally to reduce environmental impacts, do things differently and test new ideas.
This is an opportunity for organisations to share their knowledge and experiences with a group of peers, in a space that is about trying and learning, rather than perfection.
Who can join?
To help guide expressions of interest please consider the following questions. Have you or your organisation
- developed green clauses / a green rider for use as a touring company or receiving venue to reduce environmental impacts of touring?
- reflected on what things to ask for or what to share with others to reduce the environmental impacts of touring?
- thought about who within your organisation/tour could hold conversations about green riders?
- attempted or managed to hold conversations with a venue/tour ahead of time, to plan and define what’s possible together?
- had any successes that you can share, or encountered challenges to overcome, in implementing green riders?
About the session
This one hour session will be an opportunity to discuss, share and learn from your peers in the sector. We’re looking for participants who might not have all of the answers yet, but who have begun this process, and have examples to share and build on. Organisations participating in this session will have tried something new that puts the environment and society at the heart of their plans.
This is a closed session with limited capacity, to allow for deeper, focused discussion using your examples as the starting point. You will share your examples (successful or not!), get feedback, ideas and inspiration from others who are working with similar aims. We want to convene and support a community of innovators, who are working intentionally with environmental and social justice in mind, to do things differently and test new ideas.
Expressions of interest for this event are now closed.
Delivered in partnership with Arts Council England as part of their Environmental Programme to National Portfolio Organisations 2018 – 2022.