- This event has passed.
Webinar: Culture Beyond Plastic
December 5, 2019, 15:00 - 16:00
Man-made plastics have infiltrated the web of life. They are part of the water system, every ocean, our food chain and our bodies. Distressing images of birds and marine life suffering from the irresponsible disposal of plastic waste have shocked large parts of the world into a new era of perception and a new cultural response to the consumption and production of plastics.
Consumer demand has sparked adaptations and widespread changes across sectors, with companies pledging left right and centre to reduce and eliminate single use plastics from supply chains and operations. Banning straws is a start, but plastics are still very much at large, with confusion over recyclability, life-cycle impacts and viable alternatives.
1) Brief introduction to plastic pollution, history, context and impacts
2) Challenges and solutions to reducing SUP in the cultural sector – including understanding different types of plastics, options to eliminate, reduce, reuse and recycle
3) Practical, Programming and Design case studies across art forms and disciplines
4) Innovation and development of plastic alternatives
5) Guest Speaker: Bournemouth Arts Festival by the Sea
6) Questions and Answers
Please note this event has reached capacity. Booking has now closed.
Delivered in partnership with Arts Council England as part of their Environmental Programme to National Portfolio Organisations 2018-22.