How do I enter my data if I am in a shared space and my energy and water consumption is built into my rent or charged as a service fee?

If there is sub-metering in place, your landlord should be able to give you your isolated data.

If this isn’t possible, ask your landlord for the energy and water consumption for the entire space as well as the total area, and the area that your organisation occupies.

You can then work out the percentage of total building space you occupy and use that percentage to estimate your own usage (see worked example below). You can use the notes box on the IG Tools to let us know your methodology. If you cannot obtain this information from the landlord please contact us.