The Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund (ISCF) Smart Sustainable Plastic Packaging (SSPP) challenge, are innovation funding competitions, part of the Clean Growth Grand Challenge within the Government’s Industrial Strategy. The challenge will deliver strategic leadership and a coordinated programme of research and innovation for the design, production, supply, recovery and recycling of plastic packaging across the entire value chain.
For this competition, Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, are funding feasibility studies for demonstrators, which will create a proposal to enter into a later, invitation-only demonstrator projects competition. This competition is to help applicants develop proposals for later rounds under this programme.
UK businesses can apply for a share of up to £700,000 to develop proposals for practical demonstrator projects in smart and sustainable plastic packaging. This funding is from the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund.
Your project must aim to:
- help make the plastics packaging supply chain more circular
- deliver the targets of the UK Plastics Pact
- improve on current state-of-the-art plastic packaging, while still demonstrating practical and close-to-market solutions
Projects are welcomed across the following areas: materials; design; technology or process; business model or behaviour change. Your project must showcase close-to-market solutions that go beyond the current state-of-the-art and deliver a more circular economy for plastic packaging.
- Competition opens: Monday 9 December 2019
- Competition closes: Wednesday 19 February 2020 12:00pm