The Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund (ISCF) Smart Sustainable Plastic Packaging (SSPP) challenge are innovation funding competitions, part of the Clean Growth Grand Challenge within the Government’s Industrial Strategy. The challenge will deliver strategic leadership and a coordinated programme of research and innovation for the design, production, supply, recovery and recycling of plastic packaging across the entire value chain.
For this competition, UK businesses can apply for a share of up to £12 million for practical demonstrator projects in smart and sustainable plastic packaging. This competition aims to invest in up to 3 practical demonstrators. These are for projects that are ready to start work.
Your project must aim to:
- help make the plastics packaging supply chain more circular
- deliver the targets of the UK Plastics Pact
- improve on current state-of-the-art plastic packaging, while still demonstrating practical and close-to-market solutions
Projects are welcomed across the following areas: materials; design; technology or process; business model or behaviour change. Your project must showcase close-to-market solutions that go beyond the current state-of-the-art and deliver a more circular economy for plastic packaging.
- Competition opens: Monday 9 December 2019
- Competition closes: Wednesday 19 February 2020 12:00pm