Pathways toward net zero
On World Environment Day we headed to UNESCO world heritage site Blenheim Palace for a special event exploring what the journey towards net zero looks like for cultural organisations.
Over the day we learned about Blenheim Palace’s sustainability journey in energy, waste, and environmental communication, and explored how your own organisations’ sustainable vision and goals could best bring people (both internal staff and the wider public) along with you on this journey.
- For a refresher on climate communications watch a recording of our webinar Speaking Green: How to Share your Environmental Story.
- If you’d like more information on on sourcing clean energy check out this infographic from our partners Good Energy.
- Ready to commit to renewable energy? We have joined forces with Good Energy and BAFTA through the Creative Energy Project which offers 100%, UK-sourced renewable power at a competitive price thanks to a tender process which ensures preferential pricing. Find out more here.
- Watch Blenheim Palace’s video about their work with us and Good Energy.
Beyond Carbon + Exploring Biodiversity
In August we headed to the Royal Botanical Gardens at Kew for the second session in the Creative Green Masterclass programme, exploring how cultural organisations can champion biodiversity in buildings and programming.
We saw some fantastic presentations from the sustainability, learning, and outreach teams at Kew showcasing how they are working with their audiences, scientists and the public in communicating the importance of biodiversity on site and within communities around the UK. We also discussed how the Sustainable Development Goals can provide a strategic framework for taking action on environmentalism.
- Download our Biodiversity presentation.
- Find out more about the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Kew have extended a great opportunity to help bees and other pollinators in your neighbourhood with GrowWildUK. Receive free advice and seeds to grow wildflowers this autumn to bring colour and life to your urban space. Sign up here.
- Read a breakdown of the IPCC’s latest report on climate change and land.
- Listen to the Colour Green Podcasts, exploring the connections between nature, climate change and social justice.
During the session we shared a draft of our Biodiversity briefing – keep an eye out for the full release this Autumn.
Image: Julie’s Bicycle