Behind Women4Climate are some outstanding women, who are committed to fight climate change in the most creative ways. Let’s celebrate their inspiring work.
As the first woman Mayor of Paris, Women4Climate founder Anne Hidalgo has promoted the action of female leaders, and denounced the lack of gender-sensitive climate change policies. She called upon female Mayors to lead the global fight against climate change, and empower a new generation of climate leaders.
Today, the Women4Climate movement is supported by:
- Fumiko Hayashi, Mayor of Yokohama
- Manuela Carmena, Mayor of Madrid
- Karin Wanngård, Mayor of Stockholm
- Ada Colau, Mayor of Barcelona
- Yuriko Koike, Governor of Tokyo
- Elisabeth Ackermann, Mayor of Basel
- Muriel Bowser, Mayor of Washington D.C.
- Zandile Gumede, Mayor of Durban
- Helen Fernandez, Mayor of Caracas
- Clover Moore, Mayor of Sydney
- Hanna Gronkiewicz-Waltz, Mayor of Warsaw
- Patricia de Lille, Mayor of Cape Town
- Virginia Raggi, Mayor of Rome
- G Padmavati, Mayor of Bangalore
To supplement cities’ action, Julie’s Bicycle and C40 have been actively looking for climate champions around the world. We want to celebrate the women who by their convictions, engagements, and actions, have fought climate change in ways that inspire other women to do the same.
Click on the map below to find out who our leading women are and learn more about their action.