Structure of the session:
- Context: what does environment and climate change mean for museums, risks and opportunities
- Practice: an overview of environmental practice across key themes from governance and buildings to collections and learning
- Examples: what are individual museums doing, from energy-saving to environmental programming, and what benefits has it brought
- Insight: a more in-depth look at experience and learning from one of the museums featured in the Museums’ Environmental Framework
- Julie’s Bicycle support: what resources are available to develop your museum’s environmental practice
- Claire Buckley, Julie’s Bicycle
- Anna Brennand, Ironbridge Gorge Museums Trust.
Part of a series of webinars aimed at supporting Arts Council England National Portfolio Organisations in embedding environmental sustainability into their practice.
Delivered in partnership with Arts Council England as part of their Environmental Programme to National Portfolio Organisations.
Image: Ironbridge Gorge Museum’s Trust