Coptimism = Culture + Optimism + COP
#COPtimism engaged the creative community in conversation about culture and climate change.
Inspired by former Executive Director of the UNFCCC, Christiana Figueres’ approach centred on “relentless optimism”, JB coined the term ‘Coptimism’ to focus on the hope that followed the historic outcome of the 2015 COP21 climate change talks, which delivered the groundbreaking Paris Agreement to limit global temperature rise to below 2°C.
We invited the cultural community to be a force for inspirational and sustainable change at our 2016 event, ‘How to be a COPtimist: Culture, Creativity and COP21’.
We asked the creative community…
- Are you publicly celebrating your successes in environmental sustainability?
- Do you commission or make work on environmental themes?
- Are you working with other organisations to share knowledge about sustainability?
- Do you take positive action on your energy, water, waste, travel impacts?
- Do you invest your capital, equipment, banking or pension sustainably?
Using #COPtimism the community shared stories of creativity, optimism and action, and used #COPtimism and #COP23 together to connect with the creative community around environmental sustainability.
Image: Cape Farewell