- Posted on March 3rd, 2023
Creative Climate Leadership Benelux 2023: Participants Announced
We are pleased to share the full applicants list of who will be joining us for our first ever Creative Climate Leadership (CCL) programme in Benelux.
What is Creative Climate Leadership?
CCL is an international training and transformation programme to empower artists and cultural professionals to take action on the climate and ecological crisis with impact, creativity, and resilience.
CCL will be held at Koningsteen Centre in Belgium from 27 – 31 March 2023. This year’s candidates work in areas as varied as cultural policy, music, architecture, visual arts and storytelling.
Creative Climate Leadership Benelux 2023 – Full List of Participants
Ashley Thompson (she/her)
Carmen Garcia (she/her)
David Labi (he/him)
Ekaterina Kaplunova (she/her)
Elena Marchevska (she/her)
Ezgi Cemre Er (she/her)
Firat Sezgin (he/him)
Francesco Spina (he/him)
Fraser Sharp (he/him)
Jackie Malcolm (she/her)
Laure Winants (she/her)
Leanne Hoogwaerts (she/her)
Lisa Klompe (she/her)
Lizzie Reid (she/her)
Lorena Jauregui (she/her)
Mathias Arrignon (he/him)
Michelle Sun (she/her)
Nicolas Cotman (he/him)
Rie Alkemade (she/her)
Rosanna Lewis (she/her)
Ruben Arnaerts (he/him)
Sarah Suib (she/her)
Sarah Van Looy (she/her)
Syed Jazib Ali (he/him)
Katrien Reist – van Gelder (she/her)
VIEW THE FULL PARTICIPANT BIOS
The Aims of the Programme
Creative Climate Leadership will:
- Explore the role of culture and creativity in responding to climate change and environmental challenges;
- Bring together a range of expert guest speakers to share case studies, research, approaches and practical solutions for environmental sustainability in the cultural sector;
- Enable each participant to develop their leadership and ideas;
- Prepare participants to apply their learning and new skills when they return to their work, and support ongoing learning and exchange through an alumni network.
- CCL recognises the unique role of culture to influence new ways of being, doing and thinking, and supports creative professionals to apply these abilities to the climate challenge through a programme of events, training programmes and policy labs.
We are planning a wide range of leadership development programmes this year, if you would like to stay up to date and be notified when other applications for CCL open up, please sign up to the Julie’s Bicycle newsletter.
Funding Announced for the Outdoor Events Industry Green Events Code
Julie’s Bicycle has supported Vision:2025 to develop The Green Events code, which has now received new funding.
Creative Climate Leadership Canada (online) 2023: Participants Announced
We are pleased to share the full applicants list of who will be joining us for our Creative Climate Leadership (CCL) programme in Canada, online.