- This event has passed.
BFI Sustainable Screen Webinar: Getting to Grips with Environmental Performance and Progress
January 25 @ 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
As part of the BFI Sustainable Screen Programme, Julie’s Bicycle is running a webinar for all organisations working in the screen sector ‘beyond production’ – from cinemas, festivals and screen archives to skills development and sector support – looking to develop their understanding of how they are doing environmentally.
During the session, we will look at:
- Where to start in figuring out what information you need to understand your current environmental impacts, practice and performance
- How to get the information you need, from energy audits and audience travel data to staff opinion surveys
- How to use this information to capture how you are doing, inform action and track progress
Julie’s Bicycle Speakers:
Ami Hankö – Climate Change and Sustainability Specialist
Richard Philips – Climate Change and Sustainability Specialist
If you have any specific questions you would like to be addressed in the webinar, please
send in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information for BFI National Lottery Awardees
This webinar on is open to all and will cover different ways and means of capturing environmental impacts, performance and progress, including carbon footprinting.
BFI National Lottery awardees will also benefit from the following additional support on carbon footprinting and reporting to meet the contractual obligations of their award:
- A webinar on 27 February 2024, for organisations required to report their carbon footprint using Julie’s Bicycle’s Creative Climate Tools.
- Drop-in sessions for awardee groups by Fund in March 2024
Further details on reporting for BFI National Lottery awardees and on the drop-in sessions will be shared with these organisations by mi-January 2024.
This webinar is the third in a series of BFI Sustainable Screen webinars delivered by Julie’s Bicycle.
- Climate Literacy Webinar (26 September 2023)
This webinar focused on the causes and consequences of the climate and nature crisis, what climate justice means and what the screen sector can do to affect meaningful, positive change. Watch it back and access resources.
- Developing Environmental Priorities and Plans (12 December 2023)
This webinar focused on developing environmental commitment, policies and plans which go beyond a generic, tick-box approach and speak to the size, scale, and nature of organisational purpose and activity. Watch it back and access resources.
Funded by the National Lottery.